Coaching as a Management Style (1 day)
Coaching is an effective tool for managers who need to get the best from people. Based on a ‘GROW’ model, this course shows how individuals can be supported to develop their own solutions to both personal and organisational goals. It is a process that will enable people to deliver really challenging outcomes.
Aimed at both leaders and business owners with a need to move an individual forward, it is particularly useful in times of significant change.
Coaching can also be used effectively outside the manager / report relationship. For example, with people in your peer group or other parts of the organisation.
- The coaching relationship
- Defining the ‘problem’
- Exploring reality
- Identifying and agreeing options
- Agreeing actions – the way forward
- Getting commitment to action from within
- Identifying and dealing with potential barriers
- Practice coaching sessions
End of course objectives:
- Knowing when and how to adopt a coaching style
- Identifying and exploring the real issues
- Identifying a range of options from the coachee
- Agreeing challenging, but realistic goals for improvement
- Getting real commitment for action