Employment Legislation (1 day)
Employment legislation is ever changing and is focused upon protecting employees. It is therefore key that employers are aware of their obligations to staff and make sure that their policies and procedures are in line with the law. Clarity and a ‘reasonable’ approach with perceived fairness are important factors in building motivation from your staff.
This workshop provides an outline of the key employment legislation, provides sample documentation and also sources of extra information.
It is aimed at managers and business owners who need to ensure that staff are fairly treated. Like all our workshops it can be tailored to suit business needs.
- Employment Law
- Recruitment and Selection
- Contracts of Employment
- Equality and diversity
- Time off – maternity, paternity and (shared) parental Leave
- Holidays, sickness and resignation
- The value of mediation
- Fair / unfair / constructive dismissal
- Disciplinary and Grievance procedures
- Health and Safety
- Company rules and Staff Handbook
End of course objectives:
- Overview of key employment law
- Understanding the value of clarity
- Providing fair and equal terms and conditions
- Replacing confrontation with effective mediation
- Understanding disciplinary and grievance processes
- Knowing what policies and procedures to have and understanding their implications